End of the Year Letter From
PFC President Keri Rocha
Donlon Parent Community,
This year has gone so quickly; I cannot believe school will be out in two weeks. I want to wish our fifth graders and their parents good luck in middle school!
On behalf of the Donlon PFC, I would like to thank our parent community for their continued support this year. With your financial donations, the PFC was able to upgrade the Donlon campus with over $75,000 worth of materials! These items include:
- $28,000 worth of technology upgrades including updated projectors in the 4th and 5th grade classrooms, science room and computer lab
- Tables and umbrellas for the D-Pod
- Quickwords workbooks for students
- $13,000 worth of laptops
- $3,000 per grade level for common core materials
- $150 per classroom for extra graphics materials
- Raz-Kids subscription for K-3 for the 14-15 school year
- $6,000 of Scholastic material for teachers
- Supplied every teacher with an external disk drive for their classroom computer
I also want to thank all our event chairs and volunteers who put in countless hours to make sure we had fun, diverse activities. This year was a busy one! We had Walk Thru Registration, staff luncheons, Read-A-Thon, school pictures, two book fairs, two ice cream socials, fall carnival, Red Ribbon Week, Halloween candy donation, movie night, Holiday gift shop, Disco bingo, Science fair, Fun Run, Teacher Appreciation Week, field day, 5th grade celebration and restaurant nights.
It takes lots of support to keep a PFC running. This includes communications through our new website and facebook page, box tops, yearbook, birthday board, Donlon directory, PPIE liaison, school supply kits, volunteer coordinator and room parent liaison. Thank you to the parents who took on those critical roles.
Finally, I want to thank the Donlon community for their support in transitioning to a PTA! This is an exciting time for our school as we make this change. Thank you to the parents and teachers who came to our organizational meeting and became charter members.
I hope you have a safe and relaxing summer and we will see you on August 18 for Walk Thru Registration.
Donlon PTA President